Hello and happy weekend! It’s already the last weekend of July, so there are a lot of great end-of-the-month events happening this weekend. From catching a family movie to getting out and seeing some of Waco’s art, there’s something for everybody this weekend. However, if you decide to get out this weekend, be sure to wear a mask and adhere to social distancing guidelines! For some socially distanced activities, check the June 11-14 blog post.
Find even more events and prepare for next weekend with our events calendar at wacoan.com/featured-events. Be sure to tag us (@Wacoan) on social media and use the #WacoWeekend to let us know what fun things you are up to!
1. Want to get outside and see some artwork this Saturday? Then you should check out the Outdoor Mini Artist Market, where many local artists will be displaying and selling some of their work at the Kieran-Sistrunk Fine Art Gallery from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.! If you want more details, check this Facebook page.
2. Head down to the Farmer’s Market this Saturday for the annual Buzz Off 2020 event! From 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., several organizations will be handing out bug spray and educating people on other bug prevention techniques. For more information on Buzz Off and the Farmer’s Market, follow this link.
3. If you want to watch an outdoor movie this weekend, go to Hawaiian Falls’ Frozen Movie Night. This Saturday at 8 p.m., Hawaiian Falls will be showing “Frozen II” on a screen in the wave pool. For details, follow this link.
4. Interested in learning more about buying a home this weekend? Then tune into Grassroots Waco’s Homebuyer Education Class this Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. For more, follow this link.
5. If you want to view some of Waco’s public art displays this weekend, check out Creative Waco’s Public Art Map! Created by several local high school students, this map provides the location and history of many great art pieces in downtown Waco. Follow this link for the map.
6. Want a blast from the past this weekend? Head down to the East Waco Library this Saturday for their Back to the Nineties Event. At 2 p.m., they will be showing “The Addams Family.” For more information, follow this link.
7. If you want to get outside and see some animals this weekend, go to the Cameron Park Zoo! Social distancing is very doable at the zoo, especially at all of the outdoor exhibits. For more information on Cameron Park Zoo’s social distancing guidelines, check their website.