Happy February, Waco! From film festivals, forensics, farmers markets and more – we have you covered this #WacoWeekend! Follow us on our social media (@Wacoan) to keep up with events, giveaways, and more or check out our digital edition at magazine.wacoan.com.
1. Tired of watching the same movies on Netflix? We’ve got your back! Experience the power of film from the work of several handpicked creatives at the Waco Family and Faith International Film Festival. To get more information on the festival and even watch some trailers, click here.
2. The Mayborn Museum’s seventh annual Virtual Director’s Forum is back! Dive into the world of Forensic Science with retired FBI Supervisory Special Agent, forensic linguist, criminal profiler, and member of the Behavioral Analysis Unit: James R. Fitzgerald. Learn more about this virtual multi-event program here.
3. February’s First Friday has arrived! Join us downtown to support local businesses and take part in unique events, deals, live music, and more Friday evening. For more information, visit the website here.
4. Visit Cultivate 7twelve for the last PACT: Professional Artists of Central Texas “Studio Magic” reception this Friday! View the work and visit with these ten talented Central Texas artists while you still can. For more information visit here.
5. Start your Saturday morning with fresh produce, handmade goods, and so much more at Waco Downtown Farmer’s Market! Support local businesses and vendors between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m., located on the 5th Street side of the market. Masks are required for all customers and vendors. To grab the details, visit here.
6. Needing some fresh air this weekend? Explore nature and partner with Keep Waco Beautiful for their Cameron Park Trails Cleanup event! To learn more about how to get involved, visit here.
7. Want to experience beautiful landscapes across the world, right here in Waco? Photographer and world traveler Steve Scott will be sharing his work through his exhibition Alchemy of Light: Natural Landscapes at the Mayborn Museum through April 11th. For more information on this unforgettable exhibition, visit here.
8. Live Entertainment:
Comedy Night: Freight Yardbar and Grill, 8 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Joel & Dion in concert: Klassy Glass, 8:30 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
Larissa Boyd in concert: Southern Roots Brewing co. 7 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Bob Scott in concert: The Blue Dog Wine and Martini Bar, 8 p.m. – 11 p.m.
First Saturday Improv Comedy Show: Brazos Theatre, 7:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.