October is in full swing with lots of fun local events to keep you busy. This weekend has everything from comedy shows to rodeos, and even a lively chemistry magic show! And don’t forget to enter to win a Louis Vuitton bag and other glamorous goods while also helping the Advocacy Center for Crime Victims and Children.
Plan ahead with our events calendar at wacoan.com/featured-events. And when out and about, be sure to tag us (@Wacoan) on social media and use the #WacoWeekend!
1. It’s about time to ride on over to the Extraco Events Center for One HOT Rodeo’s endless list of entertaining events. Saturday and Sunday from 7-9 p.m., you’ll be able to see professional bull riders, barrel racing, saddle bronc riding, and so much more. Tickets cost $20-$30. For more information, visit this link. To purchase tickets, visit this link.
2. Do you like the prospect of winning a designer bag while simultaneously supporting a local nonprofit? Then the Advocacy Center for Crime Victims and Children’s Bags, Baubles, and More virtual auction is for you! From October 5-18, anyone can visit the website to bid on a wide variety of luxury goods, including a Louis Vuitton bag. The drawing for the bag will take place on October 19 at Di Campli’s Italian Ristorante. Contact Di Campli’s at 254/300-5978 for a required reservation to attend the event. For more information or to enter the auction, visit this link.
3. Get ready for a night of laughs at the Waco Hippodrome for Keep Waco Loud’s upcoming All Star Comedy Battle. Thursday at 8 p.m., former winners and other previous contestants are sure to leave you with sore, smiling faces and stronger abdominal muscles. Tickets cost $12. For seats, visit this link.
4. Fair food doesn’t have to be a rarity, especially when it’s just so tasty! Head over to the Extraco Events Center from 11:00 a.m. to 8 p.m. between now and October 18 to taste a variety of food and drinks at the Fair Food Drive-In. Free parking and admission. For details, visit the website.
5. Comedian Steve Treviño will be at the Backyard Bar Stage and Grill to speak all about the comedic downfalls of being a husband and father. Friday and Saturday at 8:30 p.m., Treviño will be attempting to make fathers feel a bit better about their own missteps, through the telling of his own. Tickets are $25 online and $30 at the door. To purchase tickets, visit this link.
6. Nothing says Saturday morning quite like being surrounded by cute dogs while supporting local businesses. The Waco Downtown Farmers Market provides you with all of the puppy fixes you need, while also having a wide variety of vendors for you to scrounge through. Saturday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Located in front of the McLennan County Courthouse and the ALICO building, find details on the website here.
7. Science lovers far and wide are being called to attend the Mayborn Museum’s Sic ‘Em Science Day! This science-packed Saturday from 1:00-3:00 p.m. will be filled with fun activities ranging from testing the water of the Brazos River, to a Chemistry Magic Show. General admission tickets are accepted as entrance tickets to the event. For more information or to purchase tickets, visit this link.
Bricks in the Wall, Waco Hippodrome, 7 p.m., $25
J.D. Miller, Waco Hippodrome, 7 p.m.
Dueling Pianos, Waco Hippodrome, 7:45 p.m., $10
Randy Rogers Band, Johnny’s Steaks and Bar-Be-Que, 7:45 p.m., $25 online, $30 at the door
Tauren Wells, Glory Bell Church, 12:30 p.m., Free