Spring is officially here, and we’ve got plenty of events for you to get out and enjoy it! This #WacoWeekend show your city some love at Unbound’s Light Up the Dark 5K, the Waco Downtown Farmers Market and more. Be sure to follow and tag us on social media (@Wacoan) for all things Waco.
1. Join the fight against human trafficking at Unbound’s Light Up the Dark 5K. This annual event includes food trucks, lawn games and more. The race will take place on March 27 at Cameron Park Zoo. Registration is $40. For more information, click here.
2. Enjoy a night with Baylor Theatre from the comfort of your own home as they virtually present Urinetown: The Musical, a satirical comedy by Mark Hollman. Performances start at 7:30 p.m. March 25-27 and 2 p.m. on March 28. Click here for more details.
3. Searching for the perfect vintage piece for your home? Look no further than the Big Top Vintage Market this Saturday and Sunday at Brazos Park East. The market will include vintage goods, home decor, gourmet food and more. Click here to learn more.
4. McLennan Opera presents The Old Maid and the Thief by Gian Carlo Menotti. Catch this show at 7:30 p.m. March 25-27 or 2:30 p.m. March 28. The performances will be held at the Ball Performing Arts Center at McLennan Community College. For more information, click here.
5. Cheer on your Baylor Bears as the men’s basketball team takes on Villanova at 4:15 this Saturday. You can watch the game live on CBS to see if the Bears will advance to the Elite Eight. Sic ‘em!
6. Don’t forget to check out the Waco Downtown Farmers Market this Saturday! Browse through local vendors for the perfect start to your weekend from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. For more information, visit the farmers market website here.
7. Catch The Union Revival live at Freight Bar! The Voice star Aaron Konzelman and his wife Amanda take the stage at 7:30 p.m. to bring you some modern folk-rock sounds. To learn more, click here.
Mike Ryan, The Backyard Bar Stage and Grill, 8:30
Erik Willis, The Backyard Bar Stage and Grill, 8:30