Happy weekend everyone! It’s supposed to (finally) stay below 100 degrees this weekend, so be sure to go outside! There are also some special events going on, including barrel racing and a car show. For all the events listed below, be sure to adhere to social distancing guidelines, wear your mask and bring some hand sanitizer! If you want some more socially distanced activities, check the June 11-14 blog.
Find even more events and prepare for next weekend with our events calendar at wacoan.com/featured-events. Be sure to tag us (@Wacoan) on social media and use the #WacoWeekend to let us know what fun things you are up to!
1. Want to see some cool airbrush art on cars and motorcycles? Then be sure to go to the Von O’Rama Car Show this Saturday at Riesel ISD! From 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., artist Von Otto’s legendary artwork will be on display. Recently, Von Otto was diagnosed with stage 4 Metastatic Cancer, so the proceeds from the show will go towards his treatment. For more information, follow this link.
2. If you want to see some of the best young barrel racers in Texas, be sure to check out the Summer Sizzle Elite Barrel Race Jr American competition this weekend! The races will be happening all weekend, so head over to the Extraco Events Center if you’re interested! For details, follow this link.
3. Looking to get outside and see some animals this weekend? Be sure to join the You “Otter” Play Scavenger Hunt at the Cameron Park Zoo this Saturday! From 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., you and your family/friends can go on a scavenger hunt around the zoo through the app “Goose Chase.” Proceeds will be going towards funding the zoo’s new education building. For more information, check here.
4. As always, be sure to go to the Farmers Market this Saturday! From 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., you can shop for some fresh local produce and other great products. For the first time since February, they will be hosting vendors who sell handmade products, like face masks and scrunchies! Here’s the Farmer Market’s Facebook page if you want more information.
5. If you want to reconnect with nature this weekend, you should go visit the Carleen Bright Arboretum! Many of their beautiful flowers are in bloom for the summer, and they have lots of great shady spots to sit and relax. For more information, follow this link.