What a whirlwind of a week, right? With all of the viruses, voting and very cloudy days, we are ready and in need of a happy, fun-filled weekend! And the weather even looks like it will cooperate, too! Here’s a list of our top 14 events to check out.
Find even more events and prepare for next weekend with our events calendar at wacoan.com/featured-events or our monthly Short List in February’s issue at magazine.wacoan.com. Be sure to tag us (@Wacoan) on social media and use the #WacoWeekend to let us know what fun things you are up to!
1. It’s the first Friday of March this weekend, meaning downtown will be the place to be! The following businesses are hosting special First Friday events: White Elephant, Dr Pepper Museum, Cultivate 7Twelve, Balcones Distilling and more. Check out First Friday’s Facebook page for additional information.
2. Head to the Ferrell Center Thursday at 7:30 p.m. to watch the Big 12 #1 ranked Baylor Women’s Basketball team play Texas. To purchase tickets, go here.
3. Are you a big Beatles fan? Well then you’re going to want to make your way to the Hippodrome this Friday at 7 p.m. for Beatlemania64’s – A Tribute to the Beatles event. For details or to purchase tickets, click here.
4. The Dr. Pepper Museum will be offering free admission this Friday from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. for their Sensory Sensitive Event. Everyone is welcome for a fun evening of exploring the museum and engaging activities! There will also be local organizations that serve special needs individuals on-site hosting informational tables. The entire museum will be extra-accessible with modified gallery lighting, quiet areas, and provided sensory tools like noise-reducing headphones, sunglasses and fidget items. For more information, click here.
5. The Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum will host its annual Spring Break Round Up with activities and reenactments from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday. Activities are included with regular museum admission, to find out more click here.
6. Up for some good country music? Stop by the Stars Over Texas Jamboree: Legends of Country at Lee Lockwood Library and Museum this Thursday from 7 to 10 p.m. You can find more details here.
7. Check out the new exhibit, “Landscapes of the Soul,” at Cultivate 7twelve showcasing the work of artists Charles Wallis and Lauren Dickinson. The opening reception will be held from 6:30 to 9 p.m. on Friday. To learn more, visit the event page here.
8. Head to Brotherwell Brewery this Thursday at 7 p.m. to grab a drink and enjoy the Jokes for Justice fundraising event, hosted by Bluezville and Keep Waco Loud. All ticket proceeds will benefit Rise Up Waco, a project of the Waco Immigrants Alliance. For more information, go here.
9. Join the Historic Waco Foundation this Sunday from 1 to 4 p.m. for their Texas Independence Day Celebration at 100 Mill St. There will be hands-on pioneer and frontier inspired activities and crafts such as making your own corn husk dolls, demonstrations and outdoor games! For details, go here.
10. The Brazos Theatre will be hosting their monthly Improv Comedy Show at 8:30 p.m. this Friday and Saturday. Be sure to buy tickets beforehand and get there early! Doors open at 7:30 p.m. and you can find tickets here.
11. Artist Kavitha Saminathan’s “Euphoria” exhibit will open at the Kieran-Sistrunk Fine Art Gallery this Friday from 4 to 9 p.m. Saminathan’s collection is a soulful expression of contemporary paintings through color and texture. You can find more information here.
12. This Sunday, Waco’s newest and only curiosity shop, Skellington Curiosities, will be hosting their grand opening from 12 to 5 p.m. There will be a pop-up market in the parking lot with your favorite local artists, vendors and food to celebrate! For details, go here.
13. If learning to play the Native American Flute sounds fun to you, check out the Heart of Texas Native American Style Flute Circle! The group will meet this Saturday from 2 to 5 p.m. at 2301 Colcord Avenue. Don’t worry if you’ve never played the flute before because the group says “anyone can learn!” For information, click here.
14. Another weekend means another stop by the Waco Downtown Farmers Market. Head downtown for some fresh produce, donuts and flowers to brighten up your week on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Soprano Kimberly Monzón, Roxy Grove Hall, 7:30 p.m.
Ryan Paul Davis, The Grape, 6 p.m.
Mickey and the Motorcars, Backyard Bar Stage and Grill, 8:30 p.m.
McLennan Wind Ensemble, Ball Performing Arts Center, 7:30 p.m.
Melinda Adams, Balcones Distillery, 6 p.m.
Jennifer Pisarcik w/ Jon Fox, Blue Dog Wine & Martini, 8 p.m.
Todd Barrow, Waco Winery, 8 p.m.
Johnny Joe Ramos, The Warehouse, 9 p.m.
Dave Barnes, Matt Wertz and Jon McLaughlin, Magnolia Market 7 p.m.
Dueling Pianos, The Hippodrome 7:45 p.m.
Luke & Lauren, Waco Winery, 8 p.m.
Andrew Hudson, Undercroft Social Club, 8 p.m.
Jody Booth in Concert, The Backyard, 8:30 p.m.
Briana Adams, Lakeside Tavern, 9 p.m.
Honky Tonk Special, Melody Ranch, 9:45 p.m.