Happy Spring Break Weekend! There are plenty of events happening this #WacoWeekend to get you out and about. From the Waco Boutique Market to comedy at The Silo District Comedy Club, here is a list of our top events to check out. Be sure to check with individual venues for cancellations due to coronavirus (COVID-19) concerns.
Find even more events and prepare for next weekend with our events calendar at wacoan.com/featured-events or our monthly Short List in March’s issue at magazine.wacoan.com. Be sure to tag us (@Wacoan) on social media and use the #WacoWeekend to let us know what fun things you are up to!
Known cancellations at time of posting:
The Spring at the Silos festival was cancelled due to coronavirus concerns. However, Magnolia Market, Magnolia Press and Little Shop on Bosque will maintain their normal hours of operation. For more information about vendors and times, click here.
1. Waco’s Boutique Market, a multi-vendor show, happens Thursday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. at The Phoenix. For details, go here.
2. LuluBelle’s 3rd annual Spring Market Days event will be set up Thursday through Sunday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. at 420 S. 5th Street. The market is full of vendors from all over the nation selling vintage/antiques, original art and more! You can find out more here.
3. Jealous of all the kids on spring break? The Hightop at the Hippodrome will be hosting Camp Hightop: Adult Spring Break this Thursday through Saturday with events like an adult spelling bee, talent show, and end of camp dance! For more on times and locations, go here.
4. Make your way over to Baylor campus for the Martin Museum of Arts newest exhibit, “The Floating World: A Collection of Japanese Woodcuts.” Admission is free and open to the public. Museum hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday, and 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday. For details, click here.
5. Head to Barnett’s Public House this Saturday, Sunday and Monday for a three-day St. Patrick’s Day celebration with music, dancing, bagpipes, green beer, green mimosas, Irish food and beer! To learn more, go here.
6. The Waco Downtown Farmers Market will be hosting a Xeriscaping and Rain Gardens course, presented by the Master Gardeners, this Saturday at the farmers market from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. You can learn all of the tips and tricks about landscaping with reduced water consumption by taking advantage of flowing rainwater! For more information, click here.
7. Up for a laugh? Make your way to The Silo District Comedy Club and watch comedians Tony Esposito and Jasmine Ellis take the stage on Thursday through Saturday night. For times and tickets, click here.
8. Head over to the Mayborn Museum for their “Spring Break in the Village” lineup of activities from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday and Friday. For details on times and activities, go here.
9. Looking for something to do on Sunday afternoon? Check out the Eastside Market at Brotherwell Brewing from 12 to 5 p.m. For more information on the artisan market, click here.
10. The Waco Association of Wrestling and Focused 1 Studios will be hosting their “Rock the Ring” event this Sunday from 6:30 to 10 p.m. at the Backyard Bar Stage and Grill. The show will bring you professional wrestling, a live rock show featuring Avenue Rage and performances from the Focused 1 team. You can find more here.
11. Head to the Baylor Ballpark this Friday through Sunday to watch the Baylor Bears Baseball compete against Grand Canyon University. For times and tickets, click here.
12. Want to watch some good ole’ Texas barrel racing? Then make your way over to the Extraco Event center this weekend for the Elite Extravaganza Barrel Racing event. For details, click here.
13. Check out Historic Waco Foundation’s newest exhibit, “Carnival Glass” to learn about the rise and fall of the household staple. The exhibit will be open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Thursday, Friday and Saturday and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday at the East Terrace House Museum. For more information, click here.
The Backroads Band, Sul Ross Dance Club, 7 p.m.
Cody Johnson, Josh Abbott Band and Cory Morrow, in Concert, Extraco Events Center, 6:30 p.m.
Zak Webb, Blue Dog Wine and Martini Bar, 8 p.m.
Dave Wild Trio, Klassy Glass Wine Bar, 8:30 p.m.
Ray Wylie Hubbard, The Backyard, 8:30 p.m.
Waco Jazz Orchestra: Beauty and the Brass Featuring Calabria Foti & Bob McChesney, The Hippodrome, 7:30 p.m.
Jennifer Pisarcik with Jon Fox, Waco Winery, 8 p.m.