Happy Valentine’s weekend, everybody! We hope you and your loved ones find a way to celebrate one another. If you’re lost for an idea, check out a few of our favorite events going on, plus a list of Valentine’s Day dinners. Also, don’t forget that Baylor Bear Basketball is in town for one of the biggest games of the season!
Check out the events here on our blog at grackle.wacoan.com or find even more events and prepare for next weekend with our events calendar at wacoan.com/featured-events or our monthly Short List in February’s issue at magazine.wacoan.com. Be sure to tag us (@Wacoan) on social media and let us know what fun things you are up to!
Valentine’s Day Dinners
Valentine’s Day Dinner at World Cup Cafe
Valentine’s Day Dinner at Barnett’s
Four-Course Valentine’s Dinner at Alpha Omega
Valentine’s Day Special Dinner at Clay Pot
St. Valentine’s Four-Course Celebration at Milo All Day
Valentine’s Day Event at Kissing tree Vineyards
Klassy Valentine’s Dinner at Klassy Glass Wine Bar and Bistro
Valentine’s Day Prix Fixe Dinner at The Hippodrome
Valentine’s Dinner at the Olive Branch
Café Homestead February Dinner Event
*some may require reservations*
1. The Waco Symphony Council will host their third annual Symphony of the City fundraiser event this Friday from 5 to 10 p.m. As a progressive cocktail party, you will visit three beautiful homes, each with a unique theme and coordinating food, music and wine. To sign up or find more information, click here.
2. Country artists Wade Bowen and Pat Green will be performing at the Carleen Bright Arboretum this Thursday at 6 p.m. as a part of the 2020 St. Louis-Reicher Concert Series. Proceeds from this event will benefit all extra-curricular events for the upcoming school year. For more information, click here.
3. You are going to want to head to the Ferrell Center this Saturday at 3 p.m. to watch the #1 Men’s Baylor Basketball team battle it out with #3 West Virginia. To purchase your ticket, click here.
4. Head to the Silos on Thursday from 6 to 7:30 p.m. for a Galentine’s Day celebration including shopping, charcuterie, desserts and live music by The Union Revival. Plus, you get 25% off your entire purchase at Magnolia Market, what’s not to love about that?
5. Check out the new exhibit at Cultivate 7twelve, showcasing artists Morgan Eyring and Karina Thome’s multi-media installation titled “Intersecture.” For more information and gallery hours, click here.
6. Up for a night of “who dun it”? Check out the Brazos Theatre of Waco and take part in their Death by Chocolate: Murder Mystery Dinner Event, this Friday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and tickets must be purchased before. Click here to get yours!
7. Baylor Baseball will be opening their season this weekend against the Nebraska Corn Huskers at the Baylor Ballpark. Baylor Softball will also be competing at the newly renovated Getterman Stadium in the Getterman Classic. For times and tickets, click here.
8. Are you one of those people who despises Valentine’s Day? Well, we have just the event for you. Check out the “Cupid is Stupid: An Anti-Valentine’s Day Party” at the Hightop at the Hippodrome this Saturday from 7 to 9 p.m. For more information, click here.
9. Head downtown this Saturday morning for the Waco Downtown Farmers Market. Head downtown for some fresh produce, donuts and flowers to brighten up your week on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
10. Join the Morticians this Valentine’s Day at the Hippodrome for a spaghetti dinner and dancing. The buffet dinner will begin service at 6 p.m., with the show beginning at 7 p.m. Tickets are limited and going fast. To purchase yours, click here.
11. Head to the Martin Museum of Art to check out artist John Hartley’s “Played in America” exhibit, as well as the Department of Art and Art History Faculty Biennial Exhibit. Admission is free and open to the public. Museum hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday, and 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday. For details, click here.
12. Looking for something to do on Sunday afternoon? Check out the Eastside Market at Brotherwell Brewing from 12 to 5 p.m. For more information on the artisan market, click here.
Tiffany Valentine and the Rambling Troubadours, Big’s Mayberry Tavern, 7 p.m.
Live Jazz at the Distillery, Balcones Distillery, 7 to 9 p.m.
Melinda Adams with J.C. Pringle, Kissing Tree Vineyards, 6 p.m.
Ballous Cats, El Paso Mexican Grill, 7 p.m.
Eric & Thomas at Blue Dog, Blue Dog Wine & Martini Bar, 8 to 11 p.m.
Cody Culp, Papa Joe’s Texas Saloon, 8 to 10 p.m.
Marion and the Electric Violin, Klassy Glass Wine Bar, 8:30 p.m.
Gene Watson, 5J Dance Hall, 9 p.m.
Crash Landing, Papa Joe’s Texas Saloon, 8 p.m.
Zet Zero Album Release Party, Freight Bar, 7 p.m.
Bruce Carbonara, Rosati’s Pizza, 7 p.m.
Andrew Hudson, Undercroft Social Club, 8 p.m.
Sul Ross Band Reunion Show with Melinda Adams, The Melody Ranch, 9 to 11 p.m.
Winnie Brave Southwest Tour, Southern Roots Brewing Company, 2 to 4 p.m.