Christmas is only two weeks away and Waco is fully immersed in the holiday spirit! Anything from shopping, biking and even golfing has a jolly twist. No matter what you choose to take part in this weekend, the Christmas spirit will certainly follow.
Plan ahead with our events calendar at wacoan.com/featured-events. And when out and about, be sure to tag us (@Wacoan) on social media and use the #WacoWeekend!
1. Want to sip on hot cocoa while visiting businesses in Downtown Waco? Then the Cocoa Crawl is the perfect event for you. With the purchase of a $10 mug, you can visit locations downtown on Friday from 4-8 p.m. to get it filled up for free. Businesses such as Cultivate 712, Waco Escape Rooms, Hey Sugar Candy Shop, and many more are participating. For the full list of locations or to purchase a mug, visit this link.
2. Santa is visiting Waco before Christmas! Join Historic Waco Foundation and Bridge Realty for a Breakfast with Santa at East Terrace Museum. Indulge in holiday treats while waiting to take a picture with Santa Saturday from 9-11 a.m. Visitors can also take home a craft goody bag. Tickets are $15 per family and can be purchased at the door or online. For tickets, visit this link.
3. Cultivate 7Twelve is here to help with the mid-December panic for finishing gift shopping with their Christmas Market. Head over to the gallery Saturday from 12-7 p.m. to shop a variety of local vendors for one day only. To learn more, visit this link.
4. The Baylor Bears Football team will be facing Oklahoma state Saturday at 6 p.m. at McLane Stadium. For fans who will be enjoying the game from home, it will be streamed on ESPNU. To learn more, visit this link.
5. Help the Cen-Tex Chambers support the Shepherd’s Heart Toy Drive by attending their golfing event Thursday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Bring a toy for the drive and get a free photo with Santa. For single golfers or teams of two, you can sign up to play virtually. To register, visit this link.
6. Who said biking can’t be festive? Bicycle World is hosting a Christmas Light Ride in their parking lot Saturday at 6 p.m. Dress your bike up with lights and enjoy their inflatable arch to ride under, hot chocolate, cookies, and more. For more information, visit this link.
7. Central Christian Church in Waco has created a Drive-Thru Christmas event ideal for families with differently-abled children or adults who might need a sensory friendly environment to get a photo taken with Santa. There will also be wheelchair accessibility for visitors. Saturday from 1-3 p.m., visitors will be able to drive by themed booths filled with snacks, crafts, and more, ending with the photo opportunity with Santa himself. For details, visit this link.
8. The Central Texas Area Model Railroaders are making their way back to the Mayborn Museum Friday. The annual Christmas exhibit will showcase a small train track that visitors can operate themselves and a large G-scale train layout that will include elaborate scenes of cities and towns. For details, visit this link.
9. Are you on the hunt for locally sourced arugula, strawberries, or brussels sprouts? Well they’re in season and in stock at the Waco Downtown Farmers Market. Saturday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Located in front of the McLennan County Courthouse and the ALICO building, find details on the website here.
10. Nothing goes together quite like making ornaments and sipping on mimosas! Visit Sparrow-Waco Saturday at 11 a.m. for their Create and Sip Ornament Making event. Space is limited. To make a reservation, visit this link.
Kody West w/ Carson Jeffery, The Backyard Bar Stage and Grill, 8:30 p.m., $15 online, $20 at the door
Stephanie Nash, Lakeside Bar & Live Music, 9 p.m.
Huser Brothers, The Backyard Bar Stage and Grill, 8:30 p.m., $15 online, $20 at the door