Christmas is just over a month away and the weather is beautiful so it’s the perfect time for getting out and even doing some gift shopping! Between Waco Social and Cultivate 7Twelve’s Christmas Markets, Eastside Market on Sunday, and a Harry Potter themed scavenger hunt at the zoo, Waco certainly has no shortage of things to enjoy this weekend.
Plan ahead with our events calendar at wacoan.com/featured-events. And when out and about, be sure to tag us (@Wacoan) on social media and use the #WacoWeekend!
1. Expelliarmus! Cameron Park Zoo is testing your knowledge of Harry Potter with their Wizarding World Scavenger Hunt. This Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., the scavenger hunt will cover trivia from Harry Potter books and movies one through seven. Tickets cost $10 per team or $5 per team for zoo members. Limit of six people per team. No muggles allowed. For more information, visit their website.
2. Christmas is quickly approaching and with it comes the stress of holiday shopping. Well stress not, because Waco Social has you covered with their Christmas Market at The Phoenix! Join them on Friday and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. for shopping, food trucks, a gift wrapping booth, and so much more. For more information, visit this link.
3. Cultivate 7Twelve is helping you get in the Christmas spirit with their Cultivate Christmas Market! On Friday and Saturday from 11:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., walk around their market for a plethora of local vendors and artisans. You’ll be able to enjoy all of the products while indulging in festive foods and drinks. For more information, visit this link.
4. Eastside Market is back this month with a twist! The November Market at Brotherwell Brewing from 12-5 p.m. will be focused on handmade and artisanal vendors. Support local vendors while enjoying music, food trucks, crafts brews, and so much more. Visit their website for more information.
5. Enjoy a flash to the past by visiting FBC Hewitt’s free Drive-In Movie Night! Grab some friends and family and head over to their campus on Friday to watch Monster’s Inc. from 7-10 p.m. No tickets or reservations are required and pre-packaged popcorn will be available for your enjoyment. Visit this page for more information.
6. Grab your favorite pair of jeans and dance on over to the Robinson Education Foundation’s Blue Jean Ball! This Saturday from 6-9:30 p.m. at Karem Shrine, there will be live music, dinner, dancing, and an open bar. For tickets, visit this link.
7. Spice up your Christmas tree with a glass-blown ornament at Stanton Studios Blow-Your-Own Ornament event. With the help of a master glassblower and a wide variety of colors and designs to pick from, you’ll be able to make your very own ornament. Reservations are required for the event occurring on Friday and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Contact email@example.com or call 254/829-1151 to schedule an appointment. For more information, visit this page.
8. Obsessed with lavender? Want fresh produce? Need a new headband? Then head on over to the Waco Downtown Farmers Market! Saturday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Located in front of the McLennan County Courthouse and the ALICO building, find details on the website here.
9. Nothing says a fun Friday and Saturday night quite like throwing axes, drinking beer, and eating good barbecue! Visit Bare Arms Brewing from 5-9 p.m. on Friday and Saturday for the Axes, Beer & BBQ event for a great time with friends and family. There will be ribs on Friday and brisket on Saturday. For more information, visit their Facebook page here.
10. Make yourself un poco loco by attending the Coco with Cocoa event at Bishop Reicher’s Football Field. On Saturday from 6-9 p.m., watch the movie “Coco” for free under the stars with some popcorn and cocoa. Meals are also available for purchase from a variety of food trucks. For event details, visit this link.
William Clark Green w/ Shaker Hymns, The Backyard Bar Stage and Grill, 8:30 p.m., $20 online, $25 at the door
Chris Perez, Tokio Store, 7 p.m.
American Merit, Uncle/Brother, Rad Dragon, Freight Ice House & Yard Bar, 7 p.m., $5
Jennifer Pisarcik & Jon Fox, Coach’s BBQ, 6 p.m.
Dustin Terral, Papa Joe’s, 7 p.m.