It’s going to be a busy weekend in downtown Waco with two big annual events — Spring at the Silos and The Texas Food Truck Showdown which are expected to bring in about 75,000 people to Waco, according to Carla Pendergraft, Director of Marketing for Waco Convention and Visitors Bureau. To get in on the fun, we’re giving you the lowdown on the events, vendors and street closures to help you navigate your way around once you get there.
But if you’re looking to escape the crowds, we’ve got plenty of fun events and things to do in Waco for locals or visitors that want to see more of what our city has to offer over at our Waco Weekend blog post.
Street Closures & Parking
Spring at the Silos street closures expected Thursday, March 14 through Saturday, March 16
- 6th Street between Jackson Avenue and Clay Avenue
- Webster Avenue between 5th Street and 8th Street
- Jackson Avenue between 6th Street and 8th Street
Texas Food Truck Showdown expected street closures Friday, March 15 to Saturday, March 16
- Austin Avenue between 3rd Street and 4th Street
- 3rd Street between Washington Avenue and Franklin Avenue. Will have local-only closure at Franklin Avenue to allow access to large parking lot.
- Closure of Heritage Square parking lot
- The Magnolia gravel parking lot will be closed to the public starting Wednesday.
- Free parking is available at McLane Stadium at 1001 S M.L.K. Jr Blvd.
- Thursday-Saturday, March 14-16 | 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Runs every 15-20 minutes
- Track it in real time here: http://www.wacosilo.ridesystems.net/
Spring at the Silos
For a complete list of vendors, live music acts and food trucks (with links to their websites for a preview), visit
Magnolia Table hours
- 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday through Saturday
Silos Baking Co. hours
- 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Thursday through Saturday
Magnolia Market hours
- 9 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. for daytime hours, 5:45-8:30 p.m. for after-hours ticket holders Thursday and Friday
- 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday
- Note: grounds close when Magnolia Market closes
Vendor Fair hours
- 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Thursday through Saturday
Day Entertainment (live music) at the Silos
- 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday through Saturday
“We are the Gardeners” Launch Event featuring Joanna Gaines
- 6:30-7:30 p.m. Thursday and Friday, but grounds open for ticket holders at 5:45 p.m.
- TICKETED event
- Ticket check-in is located on the corner of 6th street and Webster from 12:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Thursday and March 15.
- No meet-and-greet
- All books purchased with an event ticket will be pre-signed
o Adult (ages 13+) ticket with a signed book: $45
o Adult (ages 13+) ticket without a book: $30
o Kids’ ticket (ages 4-12): $5 (incl. small pot + seeds)
o Kids’ ticket (ages 0-3): free
“The Home Edit” Book Signing featuring authors Clea Shearer + Joanna Teplin
- 1-3 p.m. Saturday
- Free event, but it requires an RSVP, and all books must be purchased at the venue on the day of the event
- You can confirm your attendance by sending an RSVP to RSVPHomeEditSilos@penguinrandomhouse.com. Must include your name and the number of guests in your party—a limited number of spots are available.
The Texas Food Truck Showdown
The Texas Food Truck Showdown next to the Greater Waco Chamber building at 101 S. Third Street in downtown Waco. The event space is located at Heritage Square. Official website: thetexasfoodtruckshowdown.com.
Competition and Public Voting
- 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Competition and Public Voting
- Tasty Tickets only accepted during this time. Tickets will not be available for purchase after 3 p.m.*
- 4:30 p.m. The Texas Food Truck Champion will be announced
- Food Trucks open full menus from 4 to 8 p.m. for cash/card purchases. *No Tasty tickets will be accepted after 4 p.m.
Pop Up Market
- 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. featuring local artists with unique pieces and products. From various artwork to handcrafted jewelry and pottery.
Beer and Wine Garden
- 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Purchase beer and wine directly from the beer and wine garden tent with cash or card.
Live Music and Entertainment
- Noon – 8 p.m.
- Band Lineup: Jessica & Clinton; Nate Rodriguez; Johnny Joe Ramos; Los Roachez; Huser Brothers; Sloppy Joe Band
- Providence KidsZone: face painting, children’s activities and Ponies & Pals Petting Zoo throughout the day. Austin Reptile Shows will have reptile adventures at 10:30 a.m., 12 p.m., 2 p.m., 4 p.m. and 6 p.m.