Let’s celebrate the beginning of a new year and new decade, Waco! Check out these 8 events to help you do just that. From several New Year’s Eve parties, a New Year’s hike to a Sugar Bowl watch party, you can check out our full list on our blog, The Grackle, at grackle.wacoan.com or find even more fun events on our event calendar at wacoan.com/featured-events or in our monthly Short List at magazine.wacoan.com. Be sure to tag us (@Wacoan) on social media and use #WacoWeekend to let us know what fun stuff you guys are up to.
1. Have a ball of a good time at the annual New Year’s Eve Barkin’ Ball benefiting Fuzzy Friends Rescue. There will be delicious food to enjoy from Eddie Deen, an open bar, and entertainment provided by Michael Hix and the Taylor Pace Orchestra. There will also be a Raffle and Silent Auction, with the chance to win a home in Colorado, a Texas Rangers Home Game Suite Package and so many more stellar prizes! Click here for ticket information.
2. The Baylor Bear’s take on the Georgia Bulldogs for the Sugar Bowl New Year’s Day. Stop by the Baylor Club for special watch party at 6 p.m. with kickoff at 7:45 p.m. A fabulous Chef’s Table will be available featuring traditional game day fare and other favorites. Tickets cost $23 for adults and $12 for kids. Call 254/710-8080 for reservations.
3. Celebrate 2020 1920s style at the Brazos Theatre’s New Year’s Eve Murder Mystery, Dinner & Dance Tuesday at Hilton Waco beginning at 6 p.m. Enjoy dinner and drinks prepared by Hilton executive chef, Nate Gay, a rousing murder mystery performed by the Brazos Theatre and dance the night away with Texas heatwave Band! Tickets cost $150 and can be purchased here.
4. Laugh 2019 away and ring in 2020 at Waco’s new Silos District Comedy Club located inside the Savage Finds building. The grand opening show is New Year’s Eve featuring two nationally-known comedians. The event is catered from 6-7 p.m. Tickets cost $59 and include dinner and two non-alcoholic drinks. Guests are allowed to bring their own alcoholic beverages. To purchase a ticket, click here.
5. Start the new year refreshed and ready to conquer your bucket list after enjoying the First Day Hike at Mothers Neff State Park Wednesday. The hike is about 1.5 miles long and starts at 10 a.m. The park entrance fee is $2 per person and free admission for children under 12. For more information, visit facebook.com/motherneffstatepark.
6. Raise your glasses to the new year at Barnett’s Public Houses Champagne Brunch from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. They have everything from pancakes, eggs and bacon and avocado toast to eggs Benedict and mimosas! Click here for more of their menu options.
7. Lakeside Tavern is throwing a Gatsby-style New Year’s Eve party with their Ring in the Roaring 2020 event. Dress in your best 1920s glamour and enjoy snacks, live music and a free champagne toast at midnight. Check out the event here for details and the password to get you into this speakeasy.
8. Don’t miss The Chronicles of Narnia Movie Showing at Fabled Bookshop & Café Monday. The movie will be show in Fabled’s event space with free popcorn at 1p.m. Find more information and tickets here.
Live music at the Grape, 7-9 p.m.
Darrell Ray, Al’s Tokio Store, 7 p.m.
Waylon Jennings & Lefty Frizzell Tribute, Waco Hippodrome Theatre, 7-9 p.m.
Live music at the Grape, 7-9 p.m.
JD Hicks and the H.O.T. Road Gang, Rocky’s Roadhouse, 2-6 p.m.
Satisfaction: A Rolling Stones Tribute, Waco Hippodrome Theatre, 7 p.m.
Live music at Kissing Tree Vineyards, 7-10 p.m.
Brett Hendrix Band, Smiley’s Melody Ranch, 7 p.m.
Open Mic Night, The Backyard Bar Stage & Grill, 8-9 p.m.
Open Mic Night, Common Grounds, 8-10 p.m.
The Ballous Cats, Marlin Country Club, 8 p.m.
Three 4 One, Southern Roots Brewery