It’s shaping up to be a beautiful weekend, Waco! With so many exciting things going on, there’s no reason to stay home. From running a race to tasting a variety of foods at Union Hall to several Waco Civic Theatre shows, we’ve got your top 10 list of events in Waco this weekend. Check them out here on our blog at grackle.wacoan.com or find even more events on our events calendar at wacoan.com/featured-events or our monthly Short List in January’s issue at magazine.wacoan.com. Be sure to tag us (@Wacoan) on social media and let us know what fun stuff you all are up to.
1. Sign up to run or head over to cheer on a friend Sunday at the Miracle Match Half Marathon. Miracle Match is also hosting a one mile kids run, a kids marathon and regular 5K on Saturday. Register here.
2. The Grand Opening of Union Hall is Saturday! At Union Hall, you’ll find food for the whole family ranging from spicy ramen to extravagant milkshakes! It’s open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily. To learn more, visit their website here.
3. Grab last minute tickets to the Candace Cameron Bure book signing at 6 p.m. Thursday in the Phoenix Ballroom downtown. Tickets start at $25. Find more information here.
4. Catch opening night at the theatre with Waco Civic Theatre’s production of “Always, Pasty, Cline” at 7:30 p.m. Thursday. Tickets start at $16. There are also showings throughout the weekend if you miss it Thursday. Find details here.
5. Cheer on the Lady Bears Basketball team as they take on Texas Tech at 2 p.m. Saturday at the Ferrell Center. For more information, visit their page here.
6. Chill out at the Special Olympics annual Polar Plunge Sunday at the Waco Family YMCA. Registration will begin at 10 a.m. and the Plunge will begin at 11 a.m. Find details here.
7. What would a Saturday in Waco be without the Waco Downtown Farmers Market? Head over to Washington and 5th to grab some fresh goodies for the week and some breakfast too.
8. Bring out your child’s creative side with The Art Center of Waco’s Art Lab classes Saturday. Young artists will study famous works of art and then create a relevant piece themselves. Parents and guardians are welcome, but not required to stay during the class. Register here.
9. Can’t get enough theatre? Don’t fret because opening night of Waco Civic Theatre’s “Hank Williams: Lost Highway” is at 2:30 p.m. Saturday. There is also a show at 7:30 p.m. and through this weekend and next. Get tickets here.
10. Looking to tie the knot? Pop on over to the 31st Annual “With This Ring Bridal Extravaganza” Sunday at the Waco Convention Center. Find more information here.
Phil Vassar Live, Waco Hippodrome, 7-10 p.m.
Ed Leonard, Junction on Route 36, 6:30 p.m.
Darwynn Nail Live, The Grape, 7-10 p.m.
Dave Wild Duo, Balcones Distillery, 7-10 p.m.
The Brook & The Bluff w/ Stephen Day, Common Grounds, 7:30 p.m.
Marion & The Electric Violin, Klassy Glass, 8:30 p.m.
Bob Scott, Blue Dog Wine & Martini Bar, 8 p.m.
C & C Band Live, Waco Winery, 8 p.m.
Branded Heart, 5J Dance Hall, 9 p.m.
Huser Brother Band, Smiley’s Melody Ranch, 10:30 p.m.
Dave Wild Band, Klassy Glass, 8:30 p.m.
Bubba Haze, Papa Joe’s Texas Saloon, 8:40 p.m.
Sami Brown, Blue Dog Wine and Martini Bar, 8 p.m.
Ethan Smith, Waco Winery, 8 p.m.
Will Reagan, Common Grounds, 8 p.m.