It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! It’s easy to get in the holiday spirit with all of the fun and festive events planned for the community. We have scouted the top 10 events for you to enjoy this weekend. Check out our full list on our blog, The Grackle, at grackle.wacoan.com and more events can be found on our event calendar at wacoan.com/featured-events or in our monthly Short List at magazine.wacoan.com. Be sure to tag us (@Wacoan) on social media and use #WacoWeekend to let us know what fun stuff you guys are up to.
1. Celebrate the holiday season with friends and family by watching “The Nutcracker” performed by the Ballet Frontier of Texas at Waco Hall Sunday at 2 p.m. Tickets range from $40-$60. You can reserve your tickets by purchasing them online here.
2. Don’t miss Christmas on the Brazos: Songs of the Season all weekend long. The Waco Historic Foundation has decorated three of their historic homes: Earle-Napier-Kinnard House, East Terrace House and McCulloch House with festive decorations inspired by classic Christmas songs. Candlelight tours kick it off Friday from 6-9 p.m., Saturday take the kiddos to enjoy Breakfast with Santa from 9-11 a.m. and then tour the houses until 4 p.m. Sunday house tours are available from 1-4 p.m. For ticket prices and to purchase, call 254/753-5166 or visit the website.
3. We hope this new event becomes an annual tradition! For nine evenings, 30,000 lights will illuminate the Gov. Bill and Vera Daniel Historic Village for Christmas Lights in the Village at the Mayborn Museum starting Friday, Dec. 13 from 6-8 p.m. and continuing through Dec. 21. Not only will you be able to stroll through the sparking village, but there will also be a petting zoo, pictures with Santa, food to enjoy from local vendors and live music. Tickets cost $12 for adults, $10 for children ages 2-12 and $5 museum members and Baylor students. For details, visit the website.
4. Check out Waco Civic Theatre’s “The Most Wonderful Show of the Year,” a Christmas variety show based on The Judy Garland Christmas Special with performances Thursday through Saturday at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday at 2:30 p.m. Tickets cost $5-$15, and can be purchased here.
5. Enjoy a festive Friday night at Keep Waco Beautiful’s December in Downtown Waco: Cocoa Crawl, Santa & Crafts starting at 5 p.m. Get pictures with Santa, sip on hot cocoa and make ornaments out of recycled materials. For more information on the event click here.
6. It’s the final weekend of Christmas at the Silos! Ice skating, pictures with Santa, shopping, Christmas decorations everywhere, musical guests Drew and Ellie Holcomb and so much more this Friday and Staurday. Concert tickets cost $34-$40 and skating tickets cost $5 for kids 12 and under and $15 for adults. To purchase tickets and to get more information on the event click here.
7. Enjoy Christmas with the Critters Saturday at Cameron Park Zoo with a day packed full of fun activities. learn how to train animals, get your picture taken with Santa and so much more at event Saturday from 2-5 p.m. Find out more at the website.
8. Who knew soda bottles could turn into ornaments? Make your own while sipping on your favorite soda pops at the Dr Pepper Museum Christmas Pop-Up Saturday 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Click here for more information.
9. Parents, alert your kids, Santa is at the Waco Transit Station Friday from 1-5 p.m. The events and photos with Santa are completely free! So make sure they have made their list and checked it twice and bring them. For details, visit the event page.
10. Start your Saturday off right and the Waco Downtown Farmers Market. Grab a warm croissant donut from Nightlight Donuts or if you’re feeling something savory, buy a delicious breakfast taco from Sergios. Either way, whatever you buy from the local vendors will be yummy! The market is open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Live Music, The Grape, 7-9 p.m.
“Piano Man” Russell Boyd, Backyard Bar Stage & Grill, 9 p.m.
Live Music, The Grape, 7-9 p.m.
Silver Bells & Diamonds, Waco Hippodrome Theatre, 7-9 p.m.
Rocks your Blues, Last Chance Bar, 7:30 p.m.
Oxford Comma Live, Southern Roots Brewing Co., 8 p.m.
Byron Swan Band, Klassy Glass Wine Bar & Bistro
Live Music, Kissing Tree Vineyards, 7-10 p.m.
Cody Jinks & Nikki Lane, Extraco Events Center, 6-11 p.m.
JD Hicks and the H.O.T Road Gang, Rocky’s Roadhouse, 2-6 p.m.
Martian Folk, Fire Street Pizza, 6 p.m.
Live Jazz, Valley Mills Vineyards, 4-6 p.m.
Tuba Christmas, St Francis on the Brazos, 5-6:30 p.m.